Ocala Family Law Attorneys Serving Marion County FL

Choose a local Ocala Family Law Attorney, Lawyer, or Law Firm to represent your legal rights in Ocala, Marion County and North Florida.

General Family Law Information

Topic: Family Law Post Judgment Modification

Family law court orders are legally binding document which can only be legally modified by the courts. The court has resources at it's disposal to enforce non-compliance these orders. If a valid court order relating to family law issues exist and is not complied with, the court may impose a variety of penalties through its power of contempt, including incarceration of the non-compliant party.

Petitions for the modification of an existing family law court order may be brought by either spouse, and may be a request to increase or decrease the monetary amount of child support or spousal support / alimony, or to change the current conditions of child custody or child visitation.

Common Family Law Post Judgment Modification requests include:

  • Child Custody Modification;
  • Child Visitation Modification;
  • Child Support Modification;
  • Spousal Support / Alimony Modification.

The party who is seeking the modification must show the court that there has been:

  • Significant financial changes of either party;
  • The Spouse receiving alimony gets remarried;
  • Financial, employment, or housing changes which were not foreseen at the time of the final dissolution of marriage hearing;
  • The change in circumstances is an involuntary or temporary situation;
  • That a modification request involving children is in the best interest of the child, or children.

When a parent who has primary custody of the children, and chooses to relocate 50 miles or greater from their current address, a petition for a post judgment modification may also necessary.

Having a standing family law court order modified is not a given. The amount of monetary increase in a child support or spousal support modification may also not be granted at the increase or decrease expectations of the petitioner. Just as in the original court hearing, there are guideline that the court will utilize to not only determine if a modification to the standing court order is necessary, but what increase or decrease of monies is allowable, fair, and reasonable depending upon the change in circumstances.

Protect your rights. Contact an experienced Family Law Attorney today!

Ocala Family Law Attorneys Serving:

Marion County Florida, including: Ocala, Anthony, Belleview, Citra, Dunnellon, Eastlake Weir, Fort McCoy, Hog Valley, Kerr City, Marion Oaks, Ocklawaha, Orange Springs, Pedro, Reddick, Romeo, Salt Springs, Silver Springs Shores, Summerfield, Weirsdale.

© Copyright 2022. Tiger Prey Media. All Rights Reserved.
(c) Can Stock Photo / dzejmsdin / csp13009677